background

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Farewell to our Danish Friend


This is a really sad day for me, as someone who I've become very close to is leaving. Michael "Danish" Jensen has to return home to Denmark.

When we met him, I didn't expect to become so close. I thought well, he's replacing Michael Anderson (the original "Danish") on the soccer team and as a drinking buddy. But he quickly became more. He and Mike and I became close pretty fast and have had so many good times together. When Mike left to go back to Ireland Michael is who helped the most with pulling me through. He would force me to get out and do things and took me to the soccer games so I could still be involved. I don't think I would have come through that as well as I did without him and Kathrine. His awesome amazing, beautiful girlfriend Kathrine. She is one of the kindest most genuine girls I think I have ever met, and I feel we just clicked. The two of them have just been such great friends and I know will always be there for me and Mike as we are for them.

I knew this day would come, but what I didn't expect is how sad I would be. It is really hard to find such awesome friends, and it really stinks that they live so far away! I know we will see each other, and I can not WAIT to go to Denmark. It is only an hour plane ride from Ireland so that makes it even easier on us to get to them when we visit our family, and hopefully they'll come over to Ireland. I know they will also come back here to Texas some day, since they made so many friends here. I am also thankful that we are living in the internet age. I mean, how terrible to make friends and have to write letters that take forever for delivery! We can and will stay in touch through emails, IM, blogs, and Facebook.

As sad as today is for those of us who are losing our good friend, I am happy for Michael and Kathrine that he is returning home. I know Kathrine and his family must have missed him, and as his friend, I know what a jewel he is and I can't even imagine how much his friends missed him! I think Kathrine is an amazingly strong woman for dealing with the distance with such strength and grace (I know how hard long long distance is). I think it really shows how strong their relationship and their love is. If he ever takes my advice (and the advice I've heard many others give him) he'll marry that awesome Kathrine as soon as possible to make certain she never gets away! HAHA (No pressure Michael...hehe)

So, Kathrine and Michael, remember your friends here in Texas, and remember that we love you and we miss you...I think I will miss you the most and I can't wait until we can see each other again! Thanks for being such awesome friends and for all the good times we had and for helping me through my bad times. The two of you show the world the true definition of friendship and love. And you are always so cheerful and happy!! I will try to be more like you in that respect. You have made a major impact on my life, and the lives of many others. I hope you know that.

I love you both!
Amber

oh, Fionn will really really miss his Uncle Danish, always there to give him pets and love


Halloween Party 2007




Going Away Party and Beer Pong Tournament

Michael is self proclaimed Beer Pong Champion of the World

No comments: