background

Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Addictions



In reading My Cousin Colleen's blog I learned about The Nester. I love it! I stayed up late the other night and "back read" everything. I've now read everything that she has posted and clicked on almost all the links! Crazy I know!! Her ideas are so simple and look so great! I am all about reusing things and that is one of the reasons I have so much "junk" (as others frequently call my collections and treasures)! Just waiting to be used for something new in the future. I really relate to her philosophies and agree that you do not have to wait for the "perfect house" to make where you live now a HOME. So often I would find myself saying to Mike "when we have a house..." That is so dumb! I need to make each inch of our apartment (new apartment in 2 weeks and pretty much holding my breath I'm so excited!) comfortable and homey. I pretty much do that now. I hang pictures and put up shelves and have even totally unpacked everything I own in places I was only going to spend a few months. That is how you feel at home in your space. Also, I definitely need reminding that "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful"! Thanks Nester! I am so excited to move and start getting creative with the inspiration and ideas I have gained from The Nester! THANK YOU COLLEEN for sharing that site! Any others??

Through The Nesting Place I found a blog by Eddie Ross!! My fav designer from Top Design Season 2! If you love Martha Stewart you will love him even more! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM and his ideas are so brilliant! Perfect mix of modern and country. He is a genius on everything from decorating to baking and entertaining and flower arrangements! Ideas on Flea Markets and Antiquing! Finding a bargain and collecting are definitely things I enjoy! He lives in a charming farmehouse and surrounded by adorable animals! Basically...he's my new hero!! Plus...he's such a cutie!



So, those are my two latest addictions. Amazing where a couple of mouse clicks in a time of boredom can take you! I've also been trying to learn how to better "decorate" my blog, so bare with me as I mess with it. It is hard to stay focused though with these new addictions of mine!!

Check them out! They are both listed as Blogs I Follow. (If I knew how to make words link I would...any help?)

No comments: